Thursday, March 25, 2010

Edwardian Lace Wrist Cuffs

Period movies have always drawn me in...especially the ones set in the Renaissance, Victorian and Edwardian times.  There is something about them that transports me to that era, and lets me escape the modern-day troubles, politics, and hustle-bustle around me....even if it is for only a couple of hours.  Nestled in a cozy throw with a cup of hot chamomile tea, I can completely forget the woes of the day and gather inspiration to make something new....usually something that I would not normally make, such as these Edwardian cuffs.

 So when you need a wee bit of inspiration to help you step outside the box, consider a momentary escape by watching "The Golden Bowl" or "The Wings of the Dove"....you'll be amazed at how inspired you will feel!

 Here is wonderful blog link to many other period movies....but I warn you, they do become addictive!  I keep this bookmarked so I can refer to it time and time again.....
http://periodmovies.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

VM Creation Atelier said...

Hello,my dear Sue!-)*

Such a nice Edwardian Lace Cuffs...
These is tuching of my heart,because I am a big fan of these old Edwardian style of clothes!!!

Thank you SO much for share this,I saved some images from the blog about history and costumes,these are breaghttakend!

Much Love and blessed days,
***Violetta***

Diana Sh P said...

Hi dear Sue,
I didn't hear anything from you for a while and thought you are traveling, but... today I watch on my reading list, WoW!!! Sue is here and we'd make a coming-out party! Aren't gorgeous these Edwardian Wrist Cuffs?!
You are GREAT, darling!

Hugs,
Diana

Maggie said...

Hello Sue,

Love this gorgeous Edwardian cuffs! I'm a big fan of the old world charm too, and these cuffs are the best!

xoxo,
Maggie

Unknown said...

Dear Sue, what an extroridnary talent you are!I am absolutely blown away! And, of course, immediately, I would like to ask you if I can order a pair of this extrordinary cuffs for myslef? Please, let me know. I see we share a lot of the same passions. :-))))I am opening a new Atelier on April 5th and absolutely crazy busy with preprations.Once I am done and open I will make sure to write you more about my friends and lipstick party. I would love to have a chnace to learn a bit more about you too. :-) Wishing you wonderful week ahead and looking forward to receiving info about this fabulous cuffs.

Lisa Gunderson said...

SueAnn,
Cuffs turned out un-restrainedly fanciful - bravo!
Lis

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear your thoughts!