Saturday, June 19, 2010

Catherine Hopkins' Texas Soiree

Catherine Hopkins at The Shiny Pebble hosted the most elegant Texas Summer Soiree (and you know they do everything "big" in Texas.....).  Her guests included some of the most fashionable ladies from all Four Corners!
I was "late for the party", as usual, but Catherine so graciously invited me in for a drink after hours to peruse the event.  "Being late for the party" didn't mean that I couldn't enjoy all its benefits, so I jumped at the chance to don my fav vintage cocktail dress.....the parties' decor was so extravagant, how could I not?.....
I thought my raspberry silk cocktail dress would do nicely,
Photo from Couture Allure Vintage Fashion (http://coutureallure.com)
but was at a loss for which shoes to wear with it!  Oh, what's a girl to do when she has too many shoes to choose from???  In these cases I usually ask my lovely daughters, but it's summer......they have their own social calendars and were nowhere to be found.  So I will ask you!  Which pair do you think would compliment the gown with an understated elegance?  I would love to hear your thoughts.....
(You may be surprised to hear that I was actually leaning toward the green!)

6 comments:

The Shiny Pebble said...

I actually think the green would be totally fun! :D

Thank you so much for joining in, darling!

Hugs and kisses
Catherine

VM Creation Atelier said...

Hello,dear Sue!-)*

Such a beautiful dress,realy party!!!

And SURE:-)))*I choose for green shoos and I would like in these situation also the green little bag by...and one simple jewelry(also green with pink...)

Love,
***Violetta***

koralee said...

Yes yes...the green..that was my choice too!!!! Love that dress...have a great day. xoxo

Kirsten Randolph said...

First of all, I will like to say Thank you so much for joing Love Accents and it seems we both missed each other at the Grand Finale party last week. Your dress look, is divine accessorize with the green emerald satin pumps, beautifully accentuating your style!
Let's keep with each other!
Love, Kirsten
PS. oh! at Esty...your handbags are so charming...
Kirsten

June said...

Sue, what a gorgeous blog you have here! I loved your chick story. Your mama and the doctor were so sweet to help that little chickee!
Did your sister ever get over the trauma? hehe

Diana Sh P said...

Beautiful dress, darling Sue! I'd prefer green shoes and one of your stunning green clutches:)

Much Love and Hugs,
Diana
www.lagoadesigns.com

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear your thoughts!