Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sneaky Holiday, that Valentine's.....


I just looked at the calender with my "Where are we in the year?" frame of mind instead of "What do I have scheduled today?" frame of mind.  And, yes.....I cannot believe that Valentine's Day is on it's way!  That lovely little holiday ALWAYS sneaks up on me.....do you feel the same way????


Every Valentine's Day (and I use the term "every" quite loosely here), I make a heart-shaped lavender sachet for my wonderful friend and sweet mother, and it's time to begin thinking about what I'm going to create for her this year.  Any ideas?.....I'm desperate!


In years past, I've made her a heart in pink, or red, or purple, or even gold!....too many to remember them all.  (Well, actually I do....I have a list.....I'm a little obsessive in that way.  But, trust me, that's as far as my "organizational" obsession goes....just ask my hubby!)  I'm just not sure what this year's heart is going to look like.  But I do remember that last year I shared the one that I made for her with all of you, 

and I promised that I would share some of the ones that I had made  "next" Valentine's Day, which, of course, would be now.  So in the next few days, I'll be posting some of my fun little heart-shaped creations that I've made for my mom.   Hope you enjoy them!

Here's the first one that I made for her:


I remember it all began with a vintage pattern book that my mother gave me.  And, uh huh, it did indeed come from my grandmother as you may have guessed...chock full of curvy initial transfers...completely irresistable!  I embroidered the "P" out of gold metallic thread, and I loved how it turned out.  The outside "lace" trim is created from two layers of seed beads sewn into the seams.....very simple to do!  Try it....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear your thoughts!